All data subjects whose personal data is Terrells LLP Solicitors collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Terrells LLP Solicitors collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees of Terrells LLP Solicitors who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
- Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
Terrells LLP Solicitors is the company who collects the personal data
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted directly here:
- Roger Terrell
The personal data we would like to collect / process is:
- Personal data type:
- Source (where Terrell LLP Solicitors obtained the personal data from if it has not been collected directly from you, the data subject. Note if the personal data has been accessed from publicly accessible sources):
- Contact Name :
- We will use this to service your enquiry and to ensure we are speaking to the correct person when we make contact.
- Contact Number :
- We will use this to service your enquiry, we will call you so we can discuss your enquiry with yourself.
- Contact Email :
- We will use this to service your enquiry, we will email details of the product you have enquired about.
- Product Interested In :
- We will use this to service your enquiry, we will use this so the relevant person can deal with your enquiry ensuring you receive the best level of service
- Time Stamp & Date Stamp Of Enquiry :
- We will use this to service your order and for compliance to ensure we can provide proof of enquiry made.
- IP Address Enquiry Made On :
- We will use this for compliance to ensure we can provide proof of enquiry made.
- If You Want To Be Contacted In The Future And How :
- We will use the information to contact you in the future and only contact you by the methods you chose.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- We will use your data to help us service your enquiry.
• We will use your data to help us manage any service you take out with us.
• If you opted in for marketing in the future in regards to new products we offer we will only contact you on your preferred method with details of new products or news from Terrells LLP Solicitors such as a newsletter.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
- If you decided to enter into a business agreement with Terrells LLP Solicitors under the contract we will need to process your details to service your order.
The special categories of personal data concerned are:
We do not process any special categories. We have included a list of what these categories are for your records under GDPR.
• Ethnic origin
• Political opinions
• Religious beliefs
• Philosophical beliefs
• Trade union membership
• Genetic data
• Biometric data
• Health data
• Sexual orientation
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Terrell LLP Solicitors to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time
Terrell LLP Solicitors will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first getting your explicit consent.
3.4 Retention period.
Terrell LLP Solicitors will process personal data for the length of any agreement we have in place to manage a service we provide, if we can not or you choose not to take out a service we provide you with we will destroy your details unless you have opted in for further contact in regards to new products or news from Terrell LLP Solicitors we will always provide you with the opportunity to opt out on all future correspondence. We have come to agreement on the decision on this time period due to we believe this is how long we need the data to service the client’s needs and in regards to how long we hold data where client opted in for further contact we will retain this until the client chooses to opt out as they will be given the option to do on all correspondence we also make contact every 12 months with the client asking them to re opt in if they do not respond or say no we will destroy their details.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that Terrell LLP Solicitors refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Terrell LLP Solicitors (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Terrell LLP Solicitors data protection representatives Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Data Protection Officer
7b Commerce Rd, Peterborough PE2 6LR
Information Commission officer (ICO)
Wycliffe House, Water Ln, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
- Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Terrell LLP Solicitors How we use your information.
This privacy notice tells you how we, Terrell LLP Solicitors, will collect and use your personal data as follows
- Visitors to our websites
When visitors arrive on www.terrells.co.uk we use a third party service, which is Google analytics, we use this to collect from you basic internet log information and information on your behaviour patterns while you are on the site. This information lets us know how many visitors come to the site and what pages they are looking at and the amount of time they spend on certain pages. The information collected cannot identify anyone and we ensure ourselves and Google do not use this information to identify an individual of someone who has or is visiting our site. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.