Social Services & Care Proceedings

It is very difficult, frustrating and often quite frightening when social services are involved with matters relating to your children. 

However, we are here to offer our honest advice from the outset of proceedings through to the end. Our expert team are very experienced in matters relating to social services and care proceedings, and only have the best interests of you and your children in mind.

At Terrells LLP, we specialise in family and children law, which means we have the knowledge and experience to support you during matters involving social services and care proceedings 

Social Services & Care Proceedings Solicitors

We are here to offer our support and guidance from the very first moment social services make contact with you.

When local authorities apply for care proceedings (a court order on your children) we offer services under our legal aid contract including representation during your court hearings.

We have a wide range of experience in the following cases:

Non-accidental Injury
Sexual abuse

Parents with learning disabilities, mental health problems or drug and alcohol problems.
Domestic abuse

Related Expertise

Why Choose Us?

At Terrells LLP, our years of experience specialising in family law, means that we are able to advise all parents around their rights and responsibilities once social services are involved with your children.

We are fully regulated by Solicitors Regulation Authority and Members of Resolution, the UK Family Law Association.

Care Proceedings FAQs

Care proceedings are typically initiated by local authorities, such as social services, but they can also be initiated by other concerned parties, including family members, schools, or healthcare professionals.

Any authority involved in the welfare of a child, such as social services, schools, family members or healthcare professionals, have a duty of care. In a situation where someone believes that a child may be in significant danger, be it emotionally, physically or at risk of sexual abuse or neglect, they have the right to raise the issue with a local authority.

Local authorities have a duty of care to ensure that any child is safe, and not exposed to the risks of domestic violence, emotional or sexual abuse, or neglect.

If you have been presented with a Section 20 agreement, it means the authorities are concerned about the welfare of your children and have asked you to consent to your children being looked after by someone else during their investigation.

While this may be suitable in some circumstances, it is not a mandatory arrangement, and we would urge you to seek legal advice as soon as you can on the matter.

Reviews From Our Clients

I dealt with a very professional young lady, who presented herself well, was understandable and polite.

What more can anyone ask for?
Mrs E
There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions and we felt we received excellent advice and support.
Mr and Mrs H
I have no hesitation in recommending Terrells to anyone needing any form of legal advice and to thank you once again for all of your help. Long may you continue!
Mrs K
Associations & Memberships

Get in touch